Saturday 25 February 2017

THE POWER OF THE INTERNET FOR ENGLISH COURSES

A couple days ago I got a LINE message from a complete stranger. She contacted me from Soppeng in South Sulawesi. Her name is Ms Siti Fatimah. She was a stranger because I had never known her. She asked me a few questions about how to run an English course, especially how to get a NILEK from the Ministry of National Education. So, before I answered her questions, I asked her how she had been able to contact me. She replied that she had found my contact number in the internet. 

I have used internet services since 1990s. Internet has helped me a lot. With the internet, I can find a lot of information that I need. When I have a question over an issue, I just need to ask Google and there are many answers there. With the internet I can make blogs to express my ideas, to promote my English course and to earn some money. With the internet I can contact my old friends and  find new friends. 

For my English course, the internet has helped me much. First, I can find unlimited material sources; I can download them for free or buy certain books online. Second, I can use my blogs so that more people and students can know about my services. Third, the internet has helped me when I need to input data required by the Ministry of National Education.

My conversation with Ms Siti Fatimah continued as she asked me further questions about my English course. I shared my experiences and she might learn something from my stories. Here, the internet has helped both of us to share stories and experiences.
Yes, the internet. The online world. It is something that has helped me have more contacts with many people that I have known or met before. It helps me share knowledge and experiences with others. It is something that helps me much to find much information that I need.